Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Walking Dead New Season




      I'm not sure what to think about this season.  I think the idea that Merle is back is awesome. But I am not sure how I feel about the characters fast forwarding six months in the future from where we left them. 

     Merle is back! YES. I love him. I really liked Shane and I'm very upset he was killed, then undead, then finished.  He added so much to the storyline.  He was the guy everyone hated to love. I believe Merle can fill this void but I will always miss Shane.  Merle's arm contraption thing? Brilliant.  I think they could come up with some neat contraptions for that thing.

    I hope that Andrea turns into the bad ass she's supposed to.  I have a huge crush on Laurie Holden and I hope she continues to play a significant role this season.

     I'm not usually one who likes new characters implemented into a series. I have to say David Morrissey as The Governor is a great choice. The comic has him being a much more evil looking character. I think the show wanted someone who could look like he was a normal person that could be brought to terrible places and doing terrible deeds. I think the show really loves their character development and showing how life can truly change who we are.

     Michon, played by Danai Gurira, is pretty awesome. She's a total bad ass.  I hope we get plenty more of her this season.  I loved how she used the walkers to her advantage. Pure genius.

     It was definitely a new thing to just show Andrea and Michon's story while not showing Rick and the Gang. It was a nice to get a break from Carl and Lorie.  Have I  mentioned how much I loathe them?  I do feel sorry for Lorie.  I'm not sure I agree with the way Rick has been towards her.  Sometimes you have to let things go, especially in and Apocalypse.. 

     What's with the Governor's heads in aquariums?  Have you ever heard Ani Difranco's song "Little Plastic Castle"?  Well, think about these lyrics:  "They say goldfish have no memory, I guess their lives are much like mine, And the little plastic castle, Is a surprise every time."  This reminds me of that scene.  I'm thinking maybe he puts his kills in aquariums so he can remind himself of his humanity and how far he has had to go to achieve what he has? 

     Looking forward to seeing what's next!

No comments:

Post a Comment